North Carolina based artist Denis Byrd has spent most of his life creating art. He earned a BA in Studio Art from the University of Georgia in 2003 before expanding his abilities in 2014 through obtaining a MAED in Arts Education from Georgia State University. Wanting to challenge himself, Denis began plein air painting in 2006. Ever since, plein air has become the most defining feature of his work. An avid amateur historian, Denis continues to weave his interests in history and folklore into his work.
Denis has exhibited his work in numerous shows throughout Southeastern United States as well as the historic Salmagundi Club in New York. He is an active member of the Oil Painters of America and the host of The Renaissance podcast on iTunes where he further merged his love of history and art.
Denis currently lives in the Piedmont region of North Carolina where he and his work are daily inspired by the historic landscape.
- 2019 Salmagundi 41st Open Exhibition. Salmagundi Club, NY, NY
- 2016-2017 National Art Educator Faculty Show. NAEA Headquarters, Alexandria, Va.
- 2016. Tyler, White, O’Brien Gallery, Greensboro, NC
- 2015 Visions of Bartram. The Arts Council of Greater Palatka, Palatka, Fl.
- 2014 Following Bartram’s Trail. Winsor Gallery, McDonough Ga.
- 2012 National Arts Program Hartsfield/Jackson show. 3rd Place.
- 2012 UGA Alumni Show. People’s Choice Award.
- 2012 Art Sandy Springs Benefit Auction.
- 2012 Anne Irwin Emerging Artist Show.
- 2011 Work Selected for Governor’s Office.
- 2011 Anne Irwin Emerging Artist Show.
- 2011 McDonough Arts Council Juried Show. Honorable Mention
- 2011 UGA Alumni Show.
- 2010 McDonough Arts Council Juried Show, 1st Place.
- 2010 UGA Alumni Show
- 2010 Southeastern Plein Air Show. Atlanta, Ga.