Born in 1978 in Atlanta, Ga, Denis Byrd received a BA in Studio Art from The University of Georgia 2003 and a Masters of Art Education from Georgia State University 2014. He has exhibited in several shows in the Atlanta area, including Following Bartram’s Trail at The Winsor Gallery in 2014-2015 and the Emerging Artist Show at Anne Irwin Gallery in 2011 and 2012. He is a juried member of the Oil Painters of America and has been commissioned by Historical Jonesboro and Reynolds Nature Preserve for several pieces. In addition to being a full time artist he is a middle and high school art teacher and the host of The Renaissance, a podcast devoted to Renaissance art history. As part of his research he has spent the last few years hiking and painting plein air along Bartram Trail throughout Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina. Currently, he is living and painting in the Triad area of North Carolina.
- 2016-2017 National Art Educator Faculty Show. NAEA Headquarters, Alexandria, Va.
- 2016. Sassy. Tyler, White, O’Brien Gallery, Greensboro, NC
- 2015 Visions of Bartram. The Arts Council of Greater Palatka, Palatka, Fl.
- 2014 Following Bartram’s Trail. Winsor Gallery, McDonough Ga.
- 2012 National Arts Program Hartsfield/Jackson show. 3rd Place.
- 2012 UGA Alumni Show. People’s Choice Award.
- 2012 Art Sandy Springs Benefit Auction.
- 2012 Anne Irwin Emerging Artist Show.
- 2011 Work Selected for Governor’s Office.
- 2011 Anne Irwin Emerging Artist Show.
- 2011 McDonough Arts Council Juried Show. Honorable Mention
- 2011 UGA Alumni Show.
- 2010 McDonough Arts Council Juried Show, 1st Place.
- 2010 UGA Alumni Show
- 2010 Southeastern Plein Air Show. Atlanta, Ga.